1.28.2010

CHA Winter Convention & Trade Show


I just recently went to Anaheim, California to attend the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) Winter Convention & Trade Show. Ahh, how I love winter conventions in warm climates. I was there, working with Paper House Productions, a scrapbooking company located in Upstate New York, to assist with their "Make & Takes". "Make & Takes" are fun mini-projects that you show attendees how to make at your company booth to learn more about your line of products. This year, we made Wizard of Oz home decor projects and boy, did people go crazy for them! Day 1 was Glinda the Good Witch (which was so popular, we ran out of them), day 2 was the Wicked Witch of the West (which we ran out of by 2 o'clock), and day 3 was Dorothy Gale (which we also ran out of by about 2 o'clock). So all in all, I think they were a big success. And although I don't consider myself much of a scrapbooker, I am totally inspired by all the great projects and products I saw. Hopefully in the near future, you'll be seeing some uploads of three-dimensional paper illustrations (something I've been dying to try my hand at, and now feel confident to attempt). Happy crafting, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment